Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Words of love from the Religious Right, Part 1

In what will be a continuing but only occasional look at the words of various leaders in the movement to re-make America into Christ's image.

Out first guest, Randall Terry, Church Leader, Family Man, and Spokesperson for the Schindlers.


Just a couple of examples of his love and charity.


I want you to just let a wave of intolerance wash over. I want you to let a wave of hatred wash over you. Yes, hate is good . . . Our goal is a Christian nation. We have a biblical duty, we are called by God to conquer this country. We don't want equal time. We don't want pluralism. Our goal must be simple. We must have a Christian nation built on God's law, on the ten Commandments. No apologies.


and this

When I, or people like me, are running the country, you'd better flee, because we will find you, we will try you, and we'll execute you. I mean every word of it. I will make it part of my mission to see to it that they are tried and executed . . . There is going to be war, [and Christians may be called to] take up the sword to overthrow the tyrannical regime that oppresses them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN

mysogyny & warmongering the heart and soul of the right

tattooed heathen said...

That is very scary.