Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Then they came for Jeremy

What happens when a person uses photoshop and fliker to express a political opinion?

On June 7th, Two Secret Service agents showed up at my place of employment and asked to speak with me. One agent said they wanted to talk about something I posted online.


You can read about the whole event of here.

What I find most interesting is this part of the visit.

He said "You could 'retract' them". I asked what he meant -- "Remove them from online? Replace them with a statement saying I don't advocate violence against the president?" "what?" Both agents resounded to this specific question, with a generalized "yes" that would be a good step.


It makes you ask, is this about the physical safety of the president, or his political safety?


Thanks to Suburban Guerilla for spotting this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jesus Christ we are becomming a police state.