Friday, June 10, 2005

Recruiting shortfall, again

Despite the ten day delay in the report, there is nothing new. The army missed the target by 25 percent. This despite the lowering of the goal by 17%. This makes the real shortfall about 40%, and consistent with the April reported shortfall.

In a new and far more troubling development, the U.S. armed forces are now lowering standards for new officers, and allowing violations that in the past would end carriers to be ignored. All of this is being done in the name of keeping the force viable.

This give me the sad opportunity to say I told you so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I work across the street from recruiting offices for Army, Air Force and Marines. Many times I am riding the elevator in our shared parking garages with the staff from these offices.

Lately I have been wanting to ask them, "So, how was work today?" These fine young men and women do bnot look like they are enjoying their work.