Thursday, August 28, 2008

The best laid schemes o’ mice an’ men / Gang aft a-gley.”

I had so much planned for the convention. I was planning on being a dedicated viewer and prolific commentator.

And the life happens.

Work has been a disaster this week. We have had people working till midnight Tuesday and till 5am this morning. While I have not had to pull hours that long, I have gotten home after 8:30pm every day this week.

On top of that we have had a family emergency with the death of my Mother's sister on the west coast.

So instead of joyfully watching the convention and adding then to the national dialog, I have been limited to only an few minutes of coverage every day. To make matters worse, there is a great new way to enjoy the event. Tim at Cracked the Bell, and a number of others blogger are hosting Cover it live during the conventions. A Internet tool that allows for conversations and live group blogging of an event.

Short of being there, it is the best way to view the action.

I hope I am able to join in the fun tonight, I fear that Gang aft a-gley will come into play again.


Tags

No comments: