Thursday, May 12, 2005

Words of love from the Religious Right, Part 3

A continuing, but irregular look at some of the religious right.

Today guest is Ralph Reed, one time Christian Coalition leader, Indian agent and current Lieutenant Governor candidate in Georgia.


I want to be invisible. I do guerrilla warfare. I paint my face and travel at night. You don't know it's over until you're in a body bag.




It's like guerrilla warfare. If you reveal your location, all it does is allow your opponent to improve his artillery bearings. It's better to move quietly, with stealth, under cover of night. You've got two choices: You can wear cammies and shimmy along on your belly, or you can put on a red coat and stand up for everyone to see. It comes down to whether you want to be the British army in the Revolutionary War or the Viet Cong. History tells us which tactic was more effective.



Why engage in open talk and discussion, when working in the shadows can be more effective. This way we can take over the government before anyone notices.


Just a reminder, our past guests have been:

Jerry Falwell

Randall Terry

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I really want to sound tough here. Is it working?"

No, Ralph, it isn't.

Anonymous said...

oh my. I'm so glad all Americans don't think like that.