Saturday, November 12, 2005

Americans Can Learn

My mother used to talk about how my brother and I learned differently. She could tell me the stove was hot, and I might get close to see how hot, but would be careful and not risk harm. My brother, on the other hand, had to put his hand on the eye, sometimes two or three time before would learn.

Well, after being kinked in the groin about a hundred time, the American public may be learning.

Almost six in 10 now say Bush is not honest, and a similar number say his administration does not have high ethical standards.

{snip}

Now, 56 percent disapprove of the way Bush is handling foreign policy and the war on terrorism, the poll found. Overall, 37 percent approve of the job Bush is doing as president.

An AP-Ipsos poll last week asked people to state in their own words why they approve or disapprove of the way Bush was doing his job. Almost six in 10 disapproved, and they most frequently mentioned the war in Iraq — far ahead of the second issue, the economy.

3 comments:

Lynne said...

Bless me, Father, for I have sinned. I'm feeling superior to the majority of the American public who are only now catching on to the character of the man who sent us into a Near Eastern Vietnam, a man I stood in silent protest of in front of the SC state capital prior to the invasion.

Why are most people so blind?

Anonymous said...

And, from the same poll:
Seems we don't like any of them. 71% say they are all the same.

When it comes to the level of ethics and honesty among politicians, do you think
(the Democrats are generally better than the Republicans), (the Republicans are generally better than the Democrats), or isn't there much difference between them
when it comes to ethics and honesty?
11/2/05
Democrats better
than Republicans better 16
Republicans better
than Democrats 12

Not much difference 71

Anonymous said...

"Kids, I'm beginning to wonder about Mr. Hands."